MKS TMC2100 stepper driver
This driver has a very good feature which is noise-free!!! However it also has disadvantage. If the operating temperature is high and no cooling fan, 0.5A working temperature is 70 degree, 1A working temperature should not exceed 150 degree, or it might loose steps. Please do better heat dissipation and working temperature better be 0.5A around.
About current and its adjustment:
1. This driver current calculation formula: i=Vref*1.9/2.5, Vref is about 0.65v, so the current is 0.5A. Maximum current is 1A.
2. Vref test the voltage between GND and potentiometer.
3. When test the voltage, please do not connect the stepper motor or it will burn the driver easily.
4. Connect both power supply and USB to test the voltage.
Please don’t connect the wire in reverse!
1. When work with RAMPS1.4 or MKSGen controller, please pull out the three jumper cap in the socket.
2. Do not plug in reverse.
3. Stick the heat sink upon the driver.
4. Motor direction is the opposite direction of A4988&DRV8825 stepper driver. If need to change to use A4988 stepper driver, please adjust the firmware or adjust the motor wire connecting.
Shenzhen Cashmeral Industrial Co.,Ltd is always here to serve you the best as we can!